Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My favorite season

Growing up in Oregon, you can't help but love the outdoors. The western part of the state is blanketed with evergreens, which makes it green all year round. But the best part of the year is in fall when the trees start to change and the air is crisp. The evergreens create a deep, lush green stage while the other trees blossom into deep reds, rich oranges and vibrant yellows. The past 5 years I've been in Utah so I haven't been able to experience this wonderful display of Mother Nature, but I hope to one day see it again. Until then I'm so glad that Dad sends me pictures of all the changing leaves around town. Now don't get me wrong, Utah is very beautiful in the fall...especially when you get up in the canyon. If you get a chance in the next couple weeks, and you're in Utah, take a drive up to Bridal Vale Falls and walk the path, you'll see some pretty sites. :) As for me I'm going to be soaking up this cold air, warm sun and clear days as long as I can. Knowing Utah you never know when the snow is going to come...oh wait. It already did! :) Anyway, everyone go and enjoy this beautiful fall weather and scenery..wherever you may be! Mother Nature is putting on a show all around you :)

No comments: